October 2018: In this another free update we bring AmigaOS 3.1.4 support. You’re going to love how easy we made it for you. Simply launch MorpheuZ and click the “OS Update” button. It’s THAT easy.
We’ve also made a few tweaks. AmiKit now displays icon information much more nicer. Right-click any icon and select “Information” (we switched to RAWBinfo on AmigaOS 3.5/3.9)
A bit of fine-tuning made the AmiKit even easier to use. For example, click “Go to parent directory” button while in root directory to display device list. Oh, and did you know that you can double-click anywhere on desktop to invoke a lister?
We’ve done some cleanup and AmiKit boots even faster now! If you installed AmiKit with OS3.1 (from OS41FE), we bring some extra classes for you so, for example, LimpidClock will finally show up on your desktop!
Last but not least, we’ve fixed many bugs too. Check the changelog below for more details.
– ADDED: AmigaOS 3.1.4 support! More info at www.amikit.amiga.sk/os31update
– ADDED: Click “Go to parent directory” button while in root directory to display device list.
– ADDED: Click “DOpus” in MorpheuZ > Desktop Replacement to choose between RAWBInfo and DOpus for displaying icon info
– ADDED: or use an external IconInfo Selector 1.0 by Amyren (in SYS:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Goodies folder)
– ADDED: ClassAct 3.3 GUI toolkit will be installed if you use AmigaOS3.1 (from AOS4.1FE).
– FIXED: AmiStart taskbar didn’t launch Shell in FullHD mode (old taskbar is in SYS:Utilities/EXPANSION/AmiStart folder)
– FIXED: IBrowse text cursor was not visible.
– FIXED: JPEGTMP assign was missing. Some programs require it for decoding JPG images.
– FIXED: LimpidClock now works in AmigaOS 3.1 too!
– FIXED: Middle-mouse click on first DOpus Toolbar icon showed cache list instead of device list.
– FIXED: General icon cleanup. For example AUX.info and other icon files were missing. Others were redundant.
– FIXED: Some special Locale/Catalogs folder names were wrong. French locale should work now.
– FIXED: Missing RAD device on OS3.5 (and removed useless RAD0).
– AMIKIT: AmiKitReset 1.1 now also restores default DOpus 5.82 and MUI 5.
– AMIKIT: Fixed bug in Startup-Sequence which copied unnecessary files on every startup. AmiKit boots faster now!
– AMIKIT: Increased stack of Live Update.
– AMIKIT: Links updated to secure HTTPS where applicable.
– AMIKIT: New MorpheuZ 10.5.1 with AmigaOS 3.1.4 support. Also fixed the installation of patches on top of AOS3.9 w/both BoingBags.
– AMIKIT: RAWBInfo is now used for displaying icon information on AmigaOS 3.5/3.9.
– AMIKIT: Retro Switch has been updated to work with new AmigaOS.
– AMIKIT: Quick Guide updated with more information.
– AMIKIT: Support Forum has been updated. Now it supports mobile responsive layout!
– REMOVED: CD1-5 DOSDriver overload.
– OPTIONAL: Update your AmiKit installation with the latest WinUAE v4: Quick Guide (page 11)
– OPTIONAL: Mac users might update to the latest Wine: Quick Guide (page 11)
Thanks go to all of you who sent us bugreports and suggestions, especially to Anbjorn Myren, jPV/RNO, Artur Jarosik, Jazzy_J, Keith Matthews, Mikhail Malyshev, Michael Brenegan and others. Special thanks to Hyperion for providing us with AmigaOS 3.1.4 !