June 2018: It’s summertime for us here in the northern hemisphere and that means it’s time to grab a laptop with AmiKit, and head out for a picnic! We packed a number of great treats into your basket, so settle back and tuck in.
Simply run AmiKit and the 10.5 update will show up. It includes over 35 new features, updates, and fixes.
We have added a stylish feature called Dark Mode! It makes AmiKit look very cool and… dark! 🙂 That’s something you (and your eyes) definitely need during hot summer nights! To enable it, simply tell MorpheuZ and he will do the magic for you (right-click > AmiKit > MorpheuZ > Dark Mode).
Okay, any gamer here? We’ve included a playable demo of amazing Payback for you. It’s a GTA clone for Amiga made in UK. Therefore remember to drive on the left in this game! 🙂 (Btw. to set your preferred controls, press F12 and configure Port 2 in WinUAE/Game Ports)
Do you like Amiga demos? We do a LOT and we have something special for you in this release! A final version of Starstruck demo released 12 years after it won Assembly 2006! Good things need time to maturate 🙂
For those of you who listen to music often (and we do!), there’s an unique app called RNOInfoScreen. It detects SongPlayer, AmiNetRadio or AmigaAmp playing in background and shows info about current song including the album art! Very useful.
While talking about music, now you can convert any MOD to WAV (or other sound formats) with a right-mouse click! Newly included Play16 can then play it for you – again via right mouse click.
We’ve also included a number of music modules from famous Amiga games like First Samurai, Lotus, Gods, Project X and others. Find them in AmiKit:Utilities/Eagleplayer/Modules folder. Simply doubleclick a mod and enjoy your musical flashbacks. If you want to convert them to WAV, make sure to unpack the mods first (with right-click) as all of them are packed with XPK/SQSH, the best algorhythm for music modules.
Also, the fastest MPEG-1 Amiga video player, called RiVA, is now part of AmiKit and just a single right-mouse click away. Try it!
Those are just the highlights. We’d love to hear your feedback – find us on Facebook at facebook.com/AmiKit. If you’re looking to chat with us directly, or if you have questions or need support, just send us a message and we’ll point you in the right direction. There’s also a Support Forum if you prefer.
Oh, and we’ve left something for you 😉 If you want to update your AmiKit with the latest WinUAE v4 (the emulation engine), follow these simple steps on page 10: bit.ly/AmiKit-QuickGuide
– AMIKIT: Added Dark Mode including new boot images, wallpapers, desktop elements (based on Ken Lester’s AmiKit theme), window patterns, configs, etc.
– AMIKIT: Added AmiKitReset 1.0 command. If you selected wrong screen mode or messed up startup programs, simply boot with no startup-sequence (hold both mouse buttons during reboot) and type: AmiKitReset
– AMIKIT: Updated AmiKit MorpheuZ 10.5 to support new Dark Mode
– AMIKIT: Updated DOpus filetypes to reflect new mod2wav, Play16 & RiVA – simply right mouse-click mod & sound & mpeg files.
– AMIKIT: Updated AmiStart menu (a backup is created first: AmiKit:Utilities/EXPANSION/AmiStart/sm.config.bak1041)
– AMIKIT: Updated AmiKit Quick Guide with some more useful information.
– ADDED: Dropbox Drive Handler 0.9 by Norbert Kett, http://aminet.net/package/comm/tcp/AmigaCloudHandlers
– ADDED: mod2wav (v20180625) by Martin Cameron, http://aminet.net/package/mus/edit/mod2wav
– ADDED: Music modules from famous Amiga games (AmiKit:Utilities/Eagleplayer/Modules)
– ADDED: Payback playable game demo by Apex Designs! (find it in AmiKit:Games/PaybackDemo fodler)
– ADDED: Play16 1.10 by Thomas Wenzel, http://aminet.net/package/mus/play/Play16
– ADDED: RiVA MPEG-1 Player 0.53 by Stephen Fellner & Henryk Richter, http://aminet.net/package/gfx/show/RiVA-0.53
– ADDED: RNOInfoScreen 1.6 by jPV^RNO, http://aminet.net/package/mus/play/RNOInfoScreen
– ADDED: Starstruck by The Black Lotus. A winner demo of Assembly 2006. Final version 2018.
– UPDATED: Codesets Library 6.21 by Open Source Team, http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/codesets-6.21
– UPDATED: Google Drive Handler 0.9 by Norbert Kett, http://aminet.net/package/comm/tcp/AmigaCloudHandlers
– UPDATED: LAME 3.100 (11-Nov-2017) by Mike Cheng, Mark Taylor and the LAME team, http://aminet.net/package/mus/misc/lameA68K-3.100
– UPDATED: LoadModule 45.15 by Thomas Richter and Etienne Vogt, http://aminet.net/package/util/boot/LoadModule
– UPDATED: MCC_BetterString 11.32 Open Source Team, http://aminet.net/package/dev/mui/MCC_BetterString-11.32
– UPDATED: MCC_NList 0.124 by Open Source Team, http://aminet.net/package/dev/mui/MCC_NList-0.124
– UPDATED: MCC_TextEditor 15.50 by Open Source Team, http://aminet.net/package/dev/mui/MCC_TextEditor-15.50
– UPDATED: MCC_TheBar 26.19 Alfonso Ranieri and TheBar Open Source Team, http://aminet.net/package/dev/mui/MCC_TheBar-26.19
– UPDATED: MUI 5.0 (2018R1) by Stefan Stuntz, Thore Bockelmann and Jens Maus, https://muidev.de
– UPDATED: NetSurf 3.7 (18-Apr-2018) by Artur Jarosik, https://artishq.wordpress.com
– UPDATED: OpenURL 7.18 by OpenURL Open Source Team, http://aminet.net/package/comm/www/OpenURL-7.18
– UPDATED: AmiSSL 4.2 by AmiSSL Open Soure Team, https://github.com/jens-maus/amissl
– UPDATED: Redit 2.0 by Kai Scherrer, http://www.kaiiv.de/redit/de/
– UPDATED: SimpleCat 3.25 by Guido Mersmann, http://aminet.net/package/dev/misc/simplecat
– UPDATED: SimpleMail 0.44 by Hynek Schlawack & Sebastian Bauer, http://simplemail.sourceforge.net
– UPDATED: WHDLoad 18.4 beta (build 5907, 7-May-2018) by Bert Jahn, et al., http://whdload.de/
– UPDATED: xad_7z 2.8 by Chris Young, Igor Pavlov, Dag Agren, http://aminet.net/package/util/arc/xad_7z
– UPDATED: AmIRC servers (please note that on some computers AmIRC and WookieChat freeze on login. If it’s your, please use older AmIRC 3.50 from Aminet instead)
– OPTIONAL: Update your AmiKit installation with the latest WinUAE 4.0: bit.ly/AmiKit-QuickGuide (page 10)
– FIXED: EaglePlayer now opens in beautiful GUI again.
– FIXED: You can enable VisualPrefs in MorpheuZ > Startup Control again. We’ve fixed ‘command too long’ error on OS3.9 without Boing Bags.
– FIXED: Russian language is displayed correctly now
– FIXED: FullPalette launches again from AmiKit:Prefs folder
– FIXED: Now you can switch back to MUI 5 if you switched to MUI 3.8 in MorpheuZ before. Sorry for the inconvenience.
– REMOVED: VICE C64 emulator. If you need it, download it from http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/amigaos.html
Last, but not least, special thanks go to our international team of testers from USA, Canada, Germany, France and Australia, specifically to Jazzy_J, Keith Matthews, Merrill Newell, Salomé, Silvio Albrecht and Michael ‘Cap’ Brenegan. THANK YOU!