AROS for AmigaOS
This is the release version 4.8 of AfA_OS.
Realtime Skin System, which can change Skins without closing the screen first,
and supports user defined border sizes for every border.
See Screenshot under the following link:
It can be selected between Visualprefs, Birdie or the AfA-Skin system via
AFA_Prefs and a customized startup-sequence.
ReAction (ClassAction), KingCON and MUI Windowgadgets are supported and replaced
by the Skinsystem with code and help from Dieter Groppé.
DOpus5 Iconify and tbiclass Windowgadgets are also supported and replaced by the
Skinsystem by pushing 😉 and with help from Thomas Klein.
A user configurable Blacklist where you can exclude programs from using bigger
than normal borders as some programs do not work with increased border size
properly. The blacklisted programs will then open with standard border size.
Please drop me a line if you mention that programs do not work properly with
Many user configurable real time parameters like three different Borderlines.
The user can change the pre defined Skin parameters over a GUI.
Window Titel Font autonomous from AOS attuned Window Font selectable.
Position of Window Titel Font and shadow with adjustable depth selectable.
Skins consist of several parts: Screentitle, For- and Background for the verti-
cal and horizontal sliders and window frame parts like top, bottom, left and
Now are 22 Skins from Ken Lester are usable. Here is a link to a screenshot
where 21 skins are shown:
AfA_OS allows you to use 32bit Dual Image PNG Icons, OS4 32bit Icons, « Palette »
GlowIcons and NewIcons with full Colorprecision and also faster than with the
original because colours must not be remapped to Workbench Palette. It works
in conjunction with DOpus Magellan and Workbench. Dragging of Icons works in
full 32bit colours with P96 and CyperGraphics V2. With CGX 3 and 4 icons will
only be shown in four colours while dragged.
OS4/PNG Icons can be scaled in realtime due to a high quality scale code by
Thilo Köhler. On a Classic (060) Mason-Icons with 30 pixel size can be rendered
faster than in original size.
Alpha-Channel support for picture datatypes.
TrueTypeFonts are supported with antialiasing.
Since AfA Version 3.96 NewIcons will be treated like GlowIcons. That means you
have to be the following things in mind: Icons will be converted into Glow-
Icons if you change anything on them (e.g. change or fix position, Tooltypes,
Changes for this version:
The icon_lib.exe use now a buffer that fix Hits by displaying Icons in the
The saving of the Font cache was disable in the diskfont_lib.exe this fix
problems with write protected Volumes.
In the graphics_lib.exe a problem with RecFill was fixed that occure if it was
used in the Border area.
The blacklisting are extended that the program TypeSmith now works with the
ToolType entry « bxxxTypeSmith » in the BlackList Icon. « bxxx » indicates that
the hight of title bar are not set back to the defaults.
The max posibile value of the Icon-Size in the Afa_Prefs program are set to
Thomas Klein has fix a Hit in morelibspace, reported by Frank Weber.
He also extend AfA_OS_Loader to support the parameter « OPTIMAL » with it the
AfA_OS_Libs are started in its optimal order.
The AfA_Prefs program are reviced by him, it is now complete localisable.
There are two new ToolTypes « ForceSkin » tries to close and open the Workbench
that the settings are used for all windows at the end of the program.
With « Layout=(0-2) » it is possible to switch between three layouts of the
Window settings, 1 is the default its the one that are used in older versions.
At 0 and 2 the stettings are grouped.
The new, cleaned-up, polished Amiga operating system for your 68K machine fixes all the small annoyances that have piled up over the years. Originally intended as a bug-fix release, it also modernizes many system components previously upgraded in OS 3.9.Contrary to its modest revision number, AmigaOS 3.1.4 is arguably as large an upgrade as OS 3.9 was, and surpasses it in stability and robustness. Over 320K of release notes cover almost every aspect of your favourite classic AmigaOS — from bootmenu to datatypes.Some highlights:
Since the Vampire currently does not support Autoconfig or other established means of integrating 3rd-party kickstart modules into the OS, the ROM has to be slightly patched and modified, using tools provided by ApolloTeam. We recommend using an A1200 ROM for this purpose, but we cannot offer support for this procedure or the resulting OS. Please seek ApolloTeam website for guidance and support at: http://www.apollo-accelerators.com/
December 2018: Good news everyone! AmiKit is now more stable than ever thanks to this new maintenance update. Maybe it took us long to fix a lightbulb, but at the end we’ve improved MANY things under the hood! For example the infamous HALT3 error is history now. Enjoy!
– FIXED: HALT3 freeze and Recoverable alerts on reboot (on systems with Amiga Forever or AmigaOS 3.9 w/BB2) are finally gone! Please shut down and restart AmiKit after update.
– FIXED: HDToolBox now works in AmigaOS 3.1.4
– FIXED: If you switch to old MUI 3.8 (via MorpheuZ), it shows images right now.
– FIXED: RAWBInfo was not corretly activated on OS3.9 systems with Boing Bag 2.
– AMIKIT: Optimized Startup-Sequences for all flavours make AmiKit even more stable.
– AMIKIT: MorpheuZ 10.5.2 now handles AmigaOS 3.9 patches better. We’ve also fine-tuned Startup Control.
– AMIKIT: LiveUpdate 1.7 by Daniel Westerberg
– AMIKIT: AmiKitReset 1.2 (reflects the above mentioned changes)
– AMIKIT: Various minor improvements here and there.
– UPDATED: IconLib 46.4.506 by P.Keunecke http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/IconLib_46.4
– UPDATED: MathLibsUAE 45.881 r14 by P.Keunecke http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/MathLibsUAE
– REMOVED: HTMLview.mcc from MUI 3.8 (because of ‘beta expired’ requester)
– OPTIONAL: Update your AmiKit installation with the latest WinUAE v4: Quick Guide (page 11)
– OPTIONAL: Mac users might update to the latest Wine: Quick Guide (page 11)
Thanks go to all of you who sent us bugreports and suggestions, especially to Fehmi Yucer, Anbjorn Myren, jPV/RNO, Christian Dammer, nilly, JimmiG, IamNewt and others.
– ADDED Many tweaks under the hood improving stability and performance of AKReal
– ADDED: Exclusive Retro Switch from AmiKit. Check it out in MorpheuZ.
– ADDED: Exclusive AmiStart v0.70 from AmiKit by Darius Brewka
– ADDED: iGame script icon launcher
– ADDED: UAE 4.4 (11.08.04) for AHI, based on Paula by Martin Blom, changed for WinUAE by Bernd Roesch.
– ADDED: CoolCALC v.0.1 by Richard Kapp including some skins that you can try out.
– ADDED: OpenTyrian game port by Artur Jarosik (Jan 2017)
– ADDED: MiniSlug game port Artur Jarosik (June 2017)
– ADDED: New TinyMeter prefs « Right Bar » available in MorpheuZ, Preferences, TinyMeter & Docks
– ADDED: ButtonMenu V1.23 by Oliver Roberts
– ADDED: DigiClock 1.4 by Thomas Rapp including new Flip-Clock option
– ADDED: New AmiStart script in WBStartup/Disabled with new AmiStart prefs
– ADDED: ProTracker 23e beta by Olav @8bitbubsy Download/Update script installer
– ADDED: 100 best Modules Selection by @Estrayk
– ADDED: New FourOneBirdie theme for VisualPrefs and Birdie based on FourOne by Ken Lester
– ADDED: TinyLauncher 3.51 by Michael Gibs. Use it with AGA or use ABS while rebooting.
– ADDED: New « Starfish » and « Girl robot latex » plus 16 colors « Lanny » wallpapers.
– ADDED: Amiga Boot Selector 0.4 by Gibs. Press the right mice button while booting to start it.
– ADDED: New « AKReal 9 Icons » option in MorpheuZ to try new icons or to keep the original ones.
– UPDATED: Icon.library 46.4.454 by Peter Keunecke
– UPDATED: Riva 0.52 by Stephen Fellner and Henryk Richter
– UPDATED: IBrowse settings. Yep, now you can OPEN your Gmail account.
– UPDATED: AmiSSL 4.0 by Jens Maus
– UPDATED: WHDLoad 18.3 by Bert Jahn
– UPDATED: MUIRoyale 1.7 by Andreas Falkenhahn
– UPDATED: EvenMore 0.91 – special AmiKit version by Chris Perver
– UPDATED: AmigaAMP 3.22 by Thomas Wenzel
– UPDATED: MUI-5.0-2017R3 by MUI AmigaOS development team
– UPDATED: AfA_OS v4.8 by Bernd Roesch
– UPDATED: LoadModule 45.9 by T.Richter and E.Vogt
– UPDATED: NetSurf and NetSurfAGA v37 Dev by Artur Jarosik (Sep 2017)
– CHANGED: CoolCALC now replaces Calculator program in WBDock and MacLikeDock
– CHANGED: AKReal logo with new design by Ken Lester
– CHANGED: PatchASL with MUI 5 update
– CHANGED: AWeb prefs
– CHANGED: MacLikeDock position, now it’s higher to fit the larger AmiStart logos
– CHANGED: ENVARC:FBlit.cfg. Enabled the « Inline » synchronisation of QBSBlitPatch
– FIXED: Iconifying ModExplorer with RTG in WinUAE. Do « Icons Reset » and « Snapshot » if you don’t see it.
– FIXED: AmiStart icon launcher from WBStartup and AmiStart options
– FIXED: MI-Soul radio streaming pls file stopped working
– FIXED: IconMaker files