Depuis le temps qu’on l’attendait, Amikit a été mis à jour, car Ján Zahurančík a toujours le même amour qui nous réunit tous, l’Amiga.
On pourrait critiquer le fait qu’il passe par le biais de l’émulation pour sa distro, mais il faut bien reconnaitre que pour lire une vidéo en 1080p, c’est la seule solution efficace; même un Amiga avec une Vampire n’en serait pas capable !
Une poignée de clics, et vous avez un Amiga fonctionnel avec une tonne d’applications et jeux !
On appréciera le nouveau thème de très bon goût, mélangeant 1.3 et modernités, ainsi que tout un tas de choses qui vont révolutionner votre façon de voir l’Amiga (dont le mode PiP, notamment avec Genetic Species, disponible gratuitement sur le site).
À noter également qu’il est compatible avec le Workbench 3.1.4.
Bref, AmiKit continue de s’imposer comme la meilleure distribution disponible sur Amiga, et pas UNIQUEMENT OS3, mais aussi OS4, via Flower Pot, incorporant des configurations et drivers afin de tirer le meilleur de cet OS.
AmiKit XE (11.0.0) – Major Modern Retro Upgrade
This is the biggest update ever! We’ve made AmiKit even better.
AmiKit XE is the 11th major upgrade to the well-known Amiga emulation package for Windows, Mac and Linux. AmiKit XE (v11) is a new and more advanced successor to AmiKit X (v10).
There are 20 new features, 29 new programs & plugins, 6 new games, 4 new demos, and 22 software updates! See the extensive list below.
We’ve also prepared a special portable version on a Bootable Crystal Flash Drive for YOU – the hardcore Amiga fan! 🙂 Check our AmiKit website for more details. The offer is limited.
Do you remember the good old blue Workbench 1.2 from 1986? Revive your childhood Amiga memories with our new Modern Retro theme preset!
We have more flashbacks for you. Do you remember Barbarian or New Zealand Story? There are new remakes included! We’re also bringing you the “Lost Level” of the legendary Another World, as well as my favourite game, Mad TV – the strategy TV simulator game.
There are also some exclusive games for you too! A shoot ’em up game called Kobo Deluxe and an adventure called Abandoned House.
We’ve added many new features, programs and optimizations. For example, AmiKit XE now includes a new desktop pop-up notification system similar to the OS4 one. Or you can play supported games (or demos) in a Workbench window thanks ‘Picture in Picture’ (PIP) mode support and new emulation engine (WinUAE). And much more!
AmiKit XE now includes over 420 Amiga programs and supports the new AmigaOS 3.1.4, new Amiga Forever 8 and new Picasso96 driver too!
By upgrading to AmiKit XE you get access all future 11.x updates free of charge, as always. The previous AmiKit X (v10.x) version received 11 free updates altogether. They not only kept all your Amiga files up to date, but we were also adding new features and bug fixes too. The new AmiKit XE (v11.x) will stick to that tradition.
Of course, if you don’t want to upgrade, you can keep using your current AmiKit X (v10) without any restrictions. It remains 100% usable, forever, period. If you can, please do support us and upgrade to new AmiKit XE (v11). We take care of the rest so you can enjoy the latest and greatest classic Amiga system anytime. AmiKit would not have been what it is, without your support! Thank you.
– AMIKIT: Revive your childhood memories with the Modern Retro blue WB1.2 design (set as default, run MorpheuZ > Visual Themes to change it).
– AMIKIT: Switch between Modern Retro, Dark and X presets easily with our new MorpheuZ 11.0. We’ve added new entries to Startup Control and fixed some bugs too.
– AMIKIT: ‘Picture in Picture’ (PIP) support allows you to play games like Genetic Species and others in a Workbench window! (WinUAE 4.2.0 or better is required)
– AMIKIT: Automatic Live Update 1.7 delivers all the future AmiKit XE updates to you for free! Programmed by Daniel Westerberg from OnyxSoft.
– AMIKIT: Now you can install AmiKit with the new AmigaOS 3.1.4 directly.
– AMIKIT: New Amiga Forever 8 is now fully supported as a source of your AmigaOS files.
– AMIKIT: New Picasso96 is now supported! Simply place the archive into the RabbitHole folder and it gets installed automagically.
– AMIKIT: New ROMFind 1.6.4 by Rex Schilasky now detects new ROMs 46.143 from AmigaOS 3.1.4 (included with full AmiKit installer only).
– AMIKIT: Optimized Startup-Sequence. Now there is only one to rule them all regardless of AmigaOS version. Also, AmiKit now displays enhanced info about Amiga alerts.
– AMIKIT: Automatically installs AmigaOS 3.1 update archives if found in RabbitHole folder.
– AMIKIT: New Retro, Dark and other wallpapers in HD Ready & FullHD by Viktor Soponyai from Amiga Spirit (AmiKit:Prefs/Presets/Backdrops)
– AMIKIT: No more hiding. AmiKit can be identified as an emulated system now. Enable ChangeExp in MorpheuZ > Startup if you want to hide it again.
– AMIKIT: Increased maximum file name length to 107 characters. KingCON stack size increased to 16384 bytes.
– AMIKIT: Added new right-click actions for sound, picture, PDF and Amiga executable file types (Directory Opus).
– AMIKIT: Added more entries to « Open With » and « Copy To » right-click file menu of Directory Opus.
– AMIKIT: Enhanced Shell Aliases. Now you can use commands like Read, Watch, Show, Play, Open, etc. For example, Pack command compress any given file/dir using the best possible XPK compression.
– AMIKIT: Create a new file in the given path or compare two files easily. Simply use the DOpus drop down menu (the « down arrow » icon).
– AMIKIT: AmiKitReset command 1.3 now resets AmiKit Startup, WBStartup, Patches, MUI and Screenmode to their defaults.
– AMIKIT: New WinUAE 4.2.0 by Toni Wilen – included with full AmiKit installer only, otherwise refer to AmiKit Quick Guide
– AMIKIT: Improved install process for Macbooks with 1280×800 resolution – default startup picture, LimpidClock and GlobalTrash configs are included for such a resolution.
– AMIKIT: New Wine 4.7 for macOS – included with full AmiKit installer only, otherwise refer to AmiKit Quick Guide
– AMIKIT: New installer for macOS now includes the latest Win10 Wine bottle.
– AMIKIT: Improved Linux install script by George Sokianos
– AMIKIT: Updated WinUAE configs. Also CPU speed set to 70% to save power and laptop battery (only in full AmiKit installer).
– AMIKIT: Updated WinUAEHelp 3.0 by G.Veichtlbauer, P.Hutchison and B.Roesch
– AMIKIT: Updated AmiKit Quick Guide and Installed Software (over 420 now!).
– AMIKIT: New startup sound and many other enhancements and fixes here and there.
– ADDED: Abandoned House 1.0 AMIKIT EXCLUSIVE adventure game by Anbjorn Myren
– ADDED: Another World: ‘The Lost Level’ 1.1 by Eric Chahi, brought to Amiga by Erik Hogan (AmiKit:Games)
– ADDED: Barbarian Plus: A Remake of Barbarian – The Ultimate Warrior by C.Vella, Ch.Romagnoli and S.Bernacchia (AmiKit:Games)
– ADDED: Kiwi’s Tale brought to Amiga by Erik Hogan (AmiKit:Games)
– ADDED: Kobo Deluxe 0.5.1 AMIKIT EXCLUSIVE port by Artur Jarosik
– ADDED: Mad TV by Rainbow Arts. Amazing TV simulator game from 1991! Now freeware. (AmiKit:Games)
– UPDATED: iGame 2.0 (15-1-2019) by Emmanuel Vasilakis and Dimitris Panokostas
– UPDATED: New iGames database including screenshots
– ADDED: 14Bit Calibration by Christian Buchner (AmiKit:Prefs)
– ADDED: ADiffView 1.0.1 by Uwe Rosner
– ADDED: AMICast Player 1.3 by Krzysztof Radzikowski (AmiKit:Utilities)
– ADDED: AVCodec 1.4 Hollywood Plugin by Andreas Falkenhahn
– ADDED: BreakName 37.2 by Kai Iske
– ADDED: Devices 1.21 by Thomas Richter. Tiny tool to get all infos about DOS devices. (AmiKit:C)
– ADDED: DizzyTorrent 2.20 by David Zvekic. Amiga BitTorrent client with MUI + AREXX. (AmiKit:Internet)
– ADDED: Exemine 1.0 by Martin Mares. Display hunk structure of executable. Also integrated with DOpus right-mouse click.
– ADDED: Filesize 40.1 by Roger Hågensen to check size of any file (AmiKit:C)
– ADDED: HTTPStreamer 1.1 Holywood plugin by Andreas Falkenhahn
– ADDED: hURL 1.0 Hollywood Plugin by Andreas Falkenhahn
– ADDED: MUI Royale 1.7 Holywood plugin by Andreas Falkenhahn
– ADDED: NewAlertHook ROM module 40.3 by Martin Mares. Displays enahanced info about Amiga alerts!
– ADDED: Polybios PDF 1.0a Holywood plugin by Andreas Falkenhahn
– ADDED: Professional File System III (PFS3 All-In-One) 3.1 by Toni Wilen (AmiKit:L)
– ADDED: Raffeli 1.0 by jPV^RNO. A program for raffle things 🙂 (AmiKit:Utilities)
– ADDED: Ranchero 1.0 by Rob Cranley. Pop-up notification server like Ringhio.
– ADDED: RtgMaster 42.0 by Steffen P. Häuser. A graphics system for games and demos with high-speed GFX board support.
– ADDED: RtgPIP 42.0 sublibrary by Steffen P. Häuser. Adds ‘Picture in Picture’ support.
– ADDED: RNOPDF 1.2 by jPV^RNO. Compact PDF viewer. Also integrated with DOpus right-mouse click.
– ADDED: SetMap 45.2 by Thomas Richter. Set keymap of console window. (AmiKit:C)
– ADDED: SCSIQuery 1.34 by Thomas Richter. Prints internal infos of SCSI devices. (AmiKit:C)
– ADDED: SSLib 5.105 by Martin Mares (AmiKit:Libs)
– ADDED: EXCLUSIVE Truecolor FFT-Analyzer 0.88 for Eagleplayer by Henryk Richter
– ADDED: TrueMultiAssigns 1.10 by Thomas Richter. Enhances pattern matching calls of AmigaDOS.
– ADDED: Wait command replacement by Gerd Wieczorek (AmiKit:C)
– ADDED: wm123 1.1 by Lorence Lombardo
– ADDED: XAD 1.0 Hollywood Plugin by Andreas Falkenhahn
– ADDED: ZIP 1.1 Hollywood Plugin by Andreas Falkenhahn
– ADDED: Odyssey by Alcatraz. Probably one of the longest demo ever! (AmiKit:Demos)
– ADDED: My Lucky Number by Loonies. (AmiKit:Demos)
– ADDED: State of the Art by Spaceballs. The legendary Amiga demo from 1992! (AmiKit:Demos)
– ADDED: The Fall by The Dealiners & Lemon. The best Amiga demo of 2018! (AmiKit:Demos)
– UPDATED: AFnews 1.04 by Amiga Future
– UPDATED: AHI Paula Driver 4.33 by M.Blom, C.Buchner, H.Richter
– UPDATED: AmigaAMP 3.23 by T.Wenzel
– UPDATED: AmiSSL 4.3 by AmiSSL Open Soure Team
– UPDATED: Boards Library 3.42 by Torsten Bach, Thomas Barth and Marcus Gerards
– UPDATED: CPointer 2.3 by Allan Versaevel
– UPDATED: IconLib 46.4.513 by Peter Keunecke
– UPDATED: MCC_BetterString 11.33 Open Source Team
– UPDATED: MCC_NList 0.125 by Open Source Team
– UPDATED: MCC_TextEditor 15.52 by Open Source Team
– UPDATED: MemOptimizer 4.200 by RhoSigma, Roland Heyder
– UPDATED: MUI 5.0 (2019R1) by Stefan Stuntz, Thore Bockelman and Jens Maus
– UPDATED: MUIbase 4.1 by Steffen Gutmann
– UPDATED: NetSurf 3.8 (7-Nov-2018) by Artur Jarosik
– UPDATED: Opus Audio Tools 0.2 (also in playOGG folder) by Gregory Maxwell and the Xiph.org team
– UPDATED: SimpleMail 0.45 by Hynek Schlawack and Sebastian Bauer
– UPDATED: twittAmiga 4.3 by Oliver Urbann
– UPDATED: Wet 6.7 by Chris Young
– UPDATED: WHDLoad 18.5 (build 5948) by Bert Jahn et al.
Huge thanks to everyone who helped us including beta-testers Mikhail Malyshev, Artur Jarosik, Dimitris Panokostas, Anbjorn Myren, Keith Matthews, Merrill Newell, George Sokianos, jPV^RNO, Krzysztof Radzikowski, Fehmi Yucer and others. Your support is greatly appreciated!